Ceramic Solid State Ionic Technologies
Advanced Energy Storage
Highly Efficient Hydrogen Production
Micro and Nano-Porous Ceramics
Compact Microchannel Heat Exchangers and Reactors
Fly Ash Treatment for Reuse (Benefication)
Hazardous Gas Treatment
Custom Electrode Development
Advance Materials Processing & Development
Heavy Oil & Shale Oil Upgrading
Next Generation Catalyst Supports & Substrates
Catalysis for Sustainable Energy
Articles"Novel Catalyst ...
Nanopowder Synthesis & Processing
As part of our nano-initiative, Ceramatec, Inc. has synthesized ceramic nanopowders using a nano-powder synthesis process that results in very high purity, high-quality, un-agglomerated, high surface area, nanocrystalline ceramic powders.
We have the capability to invent, develop and scale up proprietary technologies for producing nano-powders for targeted applications like infrared windows, catalysts, fuel cells, and even cosmetics.
Ceramatec looks forward to collaborating and expanding in the area of nanotechnology through research sub-contracts, business partnership, and R&D investments. New ideas and practical approaches are at the forefront of our efforts. Ceramatec may also entertain special custom orders for synthesizing novel nano-ceramic powders.
Powders with different properties for various targeted applications can be synthesized by varying:
- Surface Area
- Crystallite Size
- Paricle Size
- Dopant type & dopant concentrations (mixing & dispersion at nano-level)
- Single phase or two phase mixtures (nano-phase mixtures)
NanoCeramic powders – single phase or two phase mixtures of Y2O3, CaO, TiO2, SnO2, Al2O3, ZrO2, ZrO2-x mol% Y2O3, Fe2O3, and ZnO – with a wide range of powder properties can be manufactured using our proprietary process.
Powder properties of Nanocrystalline Yttria (Y2O3) synthesized at Ceramatec:
- Ultrafine powders: 35 nm mean particle diameter (90% under 40 nm)
- High Purity: >99.986%
- High surface area: ~100 m2/g
- Monodisperse: Std dev. of ~20% in diameter
- Phase Pure (fully cubic)
- Good Sinterability
- Unique Process & Low Cost (For large volume production)
Crystallite Size / Particle Size Data on Yttria Nanopowders synthesized inhouse:
- Crystallite Diameter from XRD - 11nm
- BET Surface Area - 111 m2/g
- Crystallite Diameter (calculated from surface area, assuming spherical particles) - 10.8 nm
- Crystallite Diameter measured from TEM - 10 to 20 nm
- D50, Particle Diameter measured from powder particle size analysis - 30 nm
Chemical Purity: ICP-MS (60 element screen) data suggest powders are >99.986% pure with extremely low Si content.
Please contact us if this is an area of interest to you.